Maintaining correct tire air pressure is an important part of vehicle maintenance because it helps with:
- Improving your fuel economy which saves you money at the pump
- Improving handling and performance while you are driving
- Extending the treadwear on your tires
- Improving cornering ability and stability
Did you know proper inflation helps the environment? Keeping your tires properly inflated means they last longer and reduces the number of tires that end up in landfills. In addition, when you drive on underinflated tires, the engine has to burn more fuel to power it appropriately. Maintaining the proper air pressure decreases fuel consumption, helping to preserve natural resources.
Here are some tips to ensure your tires are properly inflated:
- Check your tires’ pressure (including the spare) when they are cold or when the vehicle has not been driven for more than three hours. Checking tire pressure on warm tires can result in pressure readings of up to 5 psi higher than the recommended pressure.
- Inflate your tires to the recommended setting outlined by the vehicle’s manufacturer
- Check your tires once every two weeks
- Buy a good tire gauge that measures pressure in pounds per square inch (psi). It is also a good idea to have a portable compressor. Pressure gauges at gas stations are often abused and inaccurate.
- Tires also lose air to common punctures, so if you find you’re always adding air to one particular tire, it might have a slow leak.
If the time comes that you need to replace your tires, let us help find the right tire for your vehicle.
Luxury Tires For Less offers Premium Name Brand Tires at 40%-80% off retail prices.